All Elcometer 456 probes are fully interchangeable and are available in a number of designs and scale ranges to meet your specific application.
- Straight – Measures coatings on both flat and curved surfaces
- Mini Probes - Ideal for measuring coatings on edges, narrow pipes or small surface areas
- Right Angle Probes – For taking readings where access is restricted
- PINIP™ Probes – Plug-in probes convert a separate gauge into an integral gauge
- Telescopic Probes– Extending right angle probes for out of reach areas
- Ultra/Scan Probes - These probes are fitted with replaceable probe caps – allowing users to take individual readings or scan large surface areas without damaging the probe
- Waterproof Probes– Sealed for use underwater at depth, even in diving gloves
- High Temperature Probes – For use on hot coated materials up to 250°C (480°F)
- Anodiser Probes – Chemical resistant washable probes – ideal for the anodising environment
- Armoured Probes – Probes with metal reinforced heavy duty cables, reducing the risk of cable damage
- Soft Coating Probes – Large surface area probes for soft reach materials (HVCA approved)
- Specialist Probes – These probes are designed for measuring on specialist substrates, such as graphite, or electroplated components
Ferrous probes measure non magnetic coatings on ferro-magnetic substrates. Elcometer 456 ferrous gauges accept any ferrous probe. Non-ferrous probes measure non conductive coatings on non-ferrous metal substrates and Elcometer 456 non-ferrous gauges accept any non-ferrous probe. Dual FNF probes measure both ferrous and non-ferrous applications with automatic substrate detection. Elcometer 456 FNF gauges accept all ferrous, non-ferrous and dual FNF probes.
Unless stated, Elcometer separate probes have a maximum operating temperature of 150°C (300°F), PINIP™ probes have a maximum operating temperature of 80°C (176°F).
Every Elcometer 456 gauge and separate probe is supplied with a Test Certificate free of charge. For separate gauges, the test measurements are generated using factory reference probes. Each probe Test Certificate is generated using factory reference gauges.